New Years Quiz
Posted December 27, 2008on:
- In: Uncategorized
- Comments Off on New Years Quiz
Before we start on our snowy way back to Vancouver and as I’m drinking my coffee at the inlaws, before anyone else gets up, Linda has a few questions. I’ve always meant to participate in this questionnaire, but never took the time. Of course, now I know how to make a draft of an entry and come back to it later so this might be easier. Anyways, here are the questions and my answers (in italics):
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Um. Went to Chicago. Discovered Filene’s Basement. Oh, and yeah, got knocked up.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t generally make resolutions, except to be a little kinder and a little gentler with those around me. I think I did okay. This year, I plan to not be too hard on myself and to make time for myself once my baby arrives.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I think after having my cat for 20 years, she counts.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A waistline. No, seriously. But that’ll have to wait til summer.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Well, November 4. Duh.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I would have to say getting knocked up.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Nothing really comes to mind. I’m pretty happy with my experiences this year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the vile cold I had shortly before Christmas.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hm. Probably the painters for the house.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Oh its the holidays. Goodwill towards men and women and all that. 🙂 Besides, I’m a firm believer that this could return to bite me in the ass.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, I believe. And computer equipment.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
“Right here, Right now” by Jesus Jones
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? – happier
b) thinner or fatter? – fatter (but knocked up)
c) richer or poorer? – about the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting on my ass.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Parte the firste was at my parents’s place. Parte the seconde was at the inlaws.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes. All over again with Darren.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Um. Lost. Or Heroes (which is kind of jumping the shark, but still)
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Hm. Good question.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The new AC/DC – what I can I say? I am old school.
26. What did you want and get?
A baby (yes, it was mostly throwing caution to the wind, but still)
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 32. I think I was sick but was taken out to dinner later.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being gentler with myself.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Getting clothes that fit properly.
32. What kept you sane?
Besides wine? Meditation, I think.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don’t think I did. They’re just people.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Prime Minister Proroguing Parliament (say that 5 times fast)
35. Who did you miss?
My mommy. Seriously, in tears at one point.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
The crazy guys at Pippin’s in Chicago. They were hilarious.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That in 15 days, [insert issue of choice] probably won’t matter.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Right here, right now, there is no other place I want to be – “Right here, right now” by Jesus Jones