Posted September 21, 2009on:
Do you remember those old text games, like the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy? Where you’d type in the action you want Arthur to perform and when you needed time to pass in the game you’d type “Wait” at the prompt and it would say “Time passes…”
So I’ve been waiting for time to pass on this Zoloft thing. A couple of weeks after starting it, I was feeling better. Not great, but better. I could get through the day without crying and the Poptart’s fussing/noises weren’t like nails on a chalkboard any more. I figured if this was as good as it got, I could live with that.
A couple of weeks after that – all I can say is I feel about a gazillion times better, possibly better than I’ve felt in years. I don’t feel frantic, or angry and things are just not so damn personal. I’m more motivated and it doesn’t seem like so much of an effort to get out of the house.
except for that time I pinched the Poptart’s finger in the plastic clip of her carseat and she screamed for a half hour. The Mother of the Year award is MINE, I tell you, MINE.
I went hiking three times this week, schlepping the Poptart in the babyhawk, and can I tell you? Those extra 15 lbs (or so) going up some fairly steep inclines? You feel that.
And in the interest of time passing, I finally sent an email to an agency that helps people get nannies.
Yes, we are going the live-in nanny route when I go back to work. There are a number of reasons for this.
- I am a bit of a diva (as most of you know) and do not like the idea of daycare, generally. If it were part-time, I’d probably be okay with that, but fulltime? I don’t think so.
- I know her immune system needs a workout, but she doesn’t need every bug that’s floating around out there.
- It will cost no more to have a live-in nanny than to send her to full-time daycare. Probably less while she’s still under a year.
- We hope to get some light housework and cooking out of the deal.
- The Poptart does not need 12 hour days out of the house.
Its three days since I started this post. And I have to get the Poptart ready to go to the doctor for her 4 month shots.
2 Responses to "Time passes…"
Comments are closed.